Administrator, Associate Director
Job Description: Associate Director
- A Master’s degree with a major in educational administration
- Meets certification requirements of recognized accrediting agency responsible for issuance of school’s accreditation
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the President of NICS may find appropriate and acceptable.
Reports to: International Christian School - Caracas, Director
Preschool, Elementary, Middle School, and High School faculty (including lead teachers) and academic support staff, as well as EFL faculty and special teachers.
To provide leadership at the preschool, elementary, and secondary school level, developing and maintaining a distinctive Christian educational philosophy and the best possible educational and ministry program and services
- Be accountable to the Director for operations of the school.
- Assist the Director in the responsibility to carry out those items that are distinctive of NICS schools as presented in the NICS Partnership Document, Policies and Administrative Guidelines, and the NICS Missions Manual.
- Assist the Director in providing leadership in the accomplishment of the spiritual mission of the school.
- Assist the Director in administering the school in accordance with the philosophy, policies and procedures adopted by the School Board and NICS Board of Directors.
- Assist the Director by researching and recommending suggested policies for the efficient operation of the school.
- Prepare and present any reports to the Director as requested.
- Lead the faculty in such a way as to ensure that the mission/philosophy, vision, goals and objectives, and Statement of Faith of NICS and the local school are followed and/or achieved.
- Be responsible for the efficient administration and effective functioning of the academic program.
- Manage personnel affairs for the faculty including securing faculty, recommending continuance, dismissal
- Assist the Director in the hiring of faculty members who are evangelical, mission-minded Christians, in agreement with the school’s philosophy and statement of faith, agree to abide by school policies, and are committed to the mission of the school and NICS.
- Assist the Director with Parent-Teacher activities.
- Assist the Director as needed in the development and dissemination of the school’s Parent/Student Handbook and Faculty Handbook.
- Assist the Director with staff development, retreats, etc. as requested, as needed, and in coordination with the Local Member Care Associate.
- Assist the Director and school business manager in the preparation and monitoring of the annual budget.
- Be responsible for direct supervision of the faculty.
- Observe each teacher in various teaching situations, following up each observation with a post observation conference and written report as required by school policy.
- Conduct faculty meetings as needed or required, in coordination with the various Lead Teachers (PreK-2nd, 3rd-5th, and Secondary)
- Proofread progress reports and report cards prior to dissemination to students/parents.
- Review curriculum, make suggestions for adoption, order and maintain inventories of materials, texts, supplies, etc.
- Coordinate the chapel programs in coordination with the Chaplain, Student Spiritual Development Coordinator, and Lead Teachers.
- In coordination with the various lead teachers, ensure the success of special events related to the academic program.
- Supervise instruction, assist teachers, coordinate in-service programs, orientation, faculty meetings, etc. related to the school’s academic program
- Check teacher lesson plan and grade books.
- Work in coordination with the Director and Lead Teachers in the development of duty rosters, use of facilities and schedules.
- Train faculty in the routines of daily operations e.g. attendance, records, grading, reporting, etc.
- Provide leadership and assistance in the discipline of students, in coordination with the Lead Teachers.
- Evaluate programs and personnel and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Interview and make recommendations of new student admissions as delegated.
- Secure substitute teachers and assist substitutes as needed.
- Provide checkouts for assigned staff at the end of year including inventories, cleaning, storage, projected orders, etc.
- Safeguard the interests of the school’s mother organization (Network of International Christian Schools) and her mission.