Educational Technology Integration Specialist - Immediate Need
YONGSAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL of SEOUL
JOB DESCRIPTION: Education Technology Specialist
Guide and support the integration of technology through collaborative planning and coaching teachers in their utilization of technology with the goal of continuously improving teaching and learning for our students.
Director of Technology; supervised by Education Technology Coordinator
Collaborates with instructional staff to support their use of and integration of technology (hardware, software and internet resources) in curriculum development and implementation, planning, and assessment ensuring the scope and sequence from K-12 is being met within the technology realm.
Provides knowledge of appropriate standards, content, materials, and resources, facilitated through the use of research-based instructional technology teaching strategies and best practices to address the needs of teachers and school goals.
Communicates regularly with grade level teams and subject area departments to assess areas of success and need for teachers and students regarding the use of technology to improve student learning. ? Models exemplary practices regarding technology implementation and integration.
Promotes digital citizenship and academic integrity.
Develops instructional technology solutions and related training materials for the purpose of providing users with tools needed to utilize emerging instructional technology to enhance student learning.
Participates in meetings, workshops and/or trainings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
Collaborates with technology team members in the observation of teacher use of technology in the classroom, providing feedback to teachers through professional coaching.
Effectively presents information and conducts professional development workshops in conjunction with technology team members and principals.
Prepares documentation (e.g. user guides, recommendations, lesson plans, reports, instructions, etc.) for instructional and support purposes.
Accurately organizes and communicates information in various task management tools and file systems to assist with team collaboration and communication.
Demonstrates a commitment to professional growth and ethical standards to advance the school’s mission, goals, and policies.
Develops a social network presence where technology information and resources will be shared, suggested, and demonstrated for new ways of integrating technology into the classroom while utilizing best practices.
Collaborates and facilitates good working relationships with technology team members to further technology program development and to ensure efficient operations of both software and hardware elements.
Assists in day-to-day device management, maintenance, troubleshooting, and student or teacher issues to include involvement in the operation of the technology support desk.
Establishes, maintains and enhances effective communication with administrators, teachers, parents, and other stakeholders.
- Education degree with certification in a K-12 environment.
- Minimum of two years successful classroom teaching experience in a technology-rich learning environment.
- Knowledge of educational technology and its impact on improving student learning.
- Ability to communicate to peers, effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of teachers or on an individual basis.
- Ability to build professional coaching relationships, solve problems, plan collaboratively and provide feedback effectively.
- Ability to learn various technology operations required for management of student information and integration of technology in classroom instruction. ? Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technically complex information, concepts, and applications to non-technical users in an education environment.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills. ? Flexible and able to work in a demanding instructional environment.
- Committed to continuous personal and organizational development.
- Must be a Native English speaker. Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent work experience) in education or related field of study.
- Experience with Google Apps for Education (e.g. Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms).
- Experience with Apple products (e.g. MacBooks, iMacs, and iPads).
- Experience with Schoology or similar learning management system.
- Experience with PowerSchool or similar student information system.
- Experience with academic computing initiatives such as learning management system implementations, school information systems implementations, and 1:1 device management. Other Requirements:
- May be called on to perform other responsibilities as appropriate and as assigned based on ongoing organizational needs and strategic direction.
- Abide by and support the policies of YISS and NICS/Oasis.
- Willing and able to be appointed as a NICS/Oasis Missionary.